Harlem Porter Chair
- Three sizes
- Footblock to match
- Interchangeable cushions
- 25 stone user limit
- Various seat options
- Made to order
£1,195.00 (excl. VAT)Call us about this chair
Every aspect of the Harlem Porter has been engineered to provide a comforting feeling of safety and security, from the high arm design to the wheeled footplate, to the robust construction; each element of the design is tailored to support conditions associated with severe or involuntary movement.
- Independent back rest recline – adjusted from a lever on the push handle the back can be reclined in a range of restful positions, 95 to 120 degree range.
- Seat angle adjustment – with a range of 15 degrees, for comfort and to reduce the risk of an individual falling out of the chair due to severe involuntary movements.
- Seat depth adjustment – changeable seat depth to fit the chair to the client using the lever on the back of the chair.
- Sliding footplate with a central castor that provides for maximum stability.
- A choice of four removable pressure management seat cushions.
- A choice of six removable and interchangeable back cushion styles for different, and changing, postural needs.
- Optional leg block.
Kate Sheehan Occupational Therapist “The care home trials of the Harlem Porter clearly show that this chair offers real versatility and essential support for people with Huntington’s”.
Considered users, those who require:
- Support with conditions associated with severe or involuntary movements, such as Huntington’s
- Postural support
- Pressure care management
- Adapt the chair for any size or shape of individual with interchangeable waterfall or lateral back cushions.
- Support different postural requirements and positions with alternative and additional lower and upper back and neck cushions.
- For ease of cleaning and replacement all seat and back cushions are removable and have removable cushion covers.
- Control infections by choosing from our range of healthcare grade fabrics.
- Four heavy duty lockable castors.
- D-rings as standard to fit a padded seat belt.
The Harlem comes in three sizes:
- Small – seat height 16″ and seat width 17″
- Medium – seat height 18″ and seat width 19″
- Large – seat height 20″ and seat width 21″
All three sizes come with a user weight limit of 25 stone.
All of our chairs are delivered to your home and set up in a downstairs room of your choice. This gives you peace of mind that your chair is set up where you need it and most importantly you know how to use it. Your chair will be unpacked and all packaging will be removed and taken away.
Your chair will be demonstrated to you and you will be asked to inspect your chair before we leave to make sure you are happy with your purchase and know how to use it and look after it. We sometimes use a third party to carry out this service.
This service is provided free of charge and is included in your price. If you require the chair to be placed in an upstairs room, where no lift is available e.g. a bedroom, then this will incur an extra charge. Please call us for more details.
This chair is made to order and will take approx 5 weeks.
Express Delivery is not available o this chair.
Please call us on 01283 704071 for more information.